If you do nothing during your visit to our Web site but browse, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit.
The Internet Protocol Address and domain name used. The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet Protocol Address to direct Internet traffic to you. This address can be translated to determine the domain name of your service provider (e.g. xcompany.com or yourschool.edu);
We do not currently collect and store the following information about your visit. AWWD reserves the right to collect the information in the future to improve the content of our Web site services and help us understand how people are using our Web site and services so that we may improve the site's usefulness to the public.
- The type of browser and operating system you used;
- The date and time you visited this site;
- The Web pages or services you accessed at this site; and
- The Web site you visited prior to coming to this Web site.
What we collect if you volunteer information.
If during your visit to the AWWD Web site you participate in a survey, send an email, or perform some other transaction online, the following additional information will be collected:
- The email address and contents of the email;
- Information volunteered in response to a survey; and
- Information provided on any online form used to engage in the online transaction, with an exception of credit card numbers. Please refer to the section on financial transactions for details on how we handle credit card numbers.
The information collected is not limited to text characters and may include audio, video, and graphic information formats you send us. The information is retained in accordance with Chapter 40.14 RCW, Preservation and Destruction of Public Records.
We use your email to respond appropriately. This may be to respond to you to address issues you may identify, to further improve our Web site, or to forward the email to another agency for appropriate action. Survey information is used for the purpose designated. Information provided on the online form is used to complete the online transaction and perform the service or provide the requested goods.